vim question

Author: Kevin Buettner
Subject: vim question
On Oct 14, 1:16pm, Bart Garst wrote:

> Is there a way to automatically 'fix' tabs?

I think this is a different question than the one you're asking below.

> My problem is I have a function I'm modifying (C++), I need to wrap some
> code in an if statement. Once I add the if and it's braces the following
> lines need to be indented.

Use the '>' operator for this. E.g. >> will right-shift one line by
the shiftwidth amount (which may be different than the tabstop
amount). >L will shift all the lines to the bottom of the screen, >'h
will shift all lines from the current position to the mark named "h",
etc.

Kevin