lots a newbie questions.

Author: der.hans
Subject: lots a newbie questions.
Am 12. Oct, 2003 schw=E4tzte Sylvie so:

> I have a Pentium II, 400 Mghz, I want to install a linux distro on and
> then Oracle 9i on top of it.
> I want to use something other than United Linux. Any suggestions from th=

> troops out there?

The official distros, I think, are the enterprise distros from Red Hat and
SuSE. You might also look at Miracle Linux ( notice the logo similarity and
Oracle muckity-mucks on the board for Miracle Linux ).

I'm not sure RH ES is available for download.

9i will probably work on most any platform, but you'll likely have to do
some research to find the secrets to getting it to work on consumer distros=
=2E
Red Hat probably has the most user provided docs.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  C'est la Net - der.hans