Problems with new flat panel monitor and Mandrake 8.2

Author: Bryce C
Subject: Problems with new flat panel monitor and Mandrake 8.2
--=-lopv+tY+FF9m2NKV/R6x

Here's a dumb question. Are you sure your LCD can do >1024x768? 1024x768
is a very common max resolution for LCDs, including my right one here on
my dualhead (very annoying because if I had them both at their max,
windows would get hidden and whatnot. That was a fun experiment one
day.) Anyways, make sure that yours can. Most lower end ones, those
about $400 and below didn't do anything above 1024x768 last time I
looked. The manuf's website usually lists all the specs on the LCD.
Good luck,
Bryce

On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 08:52, Lee Einer wrote:
> Hi, all-
>=20
> Just bought a new flat panel monitor last night, after my old monitor=20
> died with a loud "pop" and a column of smoke...
>=20
> Anyway, I am having problems getting it configured. I have made several=20
> attempts using the Control Panel to set the resolution to=20
> 1280x1024@60mz, but every time I log out or reboot, the settings reset=20
> to 1024x768 @70mz. It's really starting to chafe me. What is going on=20
> here, and how can I fix?

--=20