recommendations for a log consolidation system?

Author: Scott H
Subject: recommendations for a log consolidation system?
I'd like to create a system to consolidate all
the logs from my 30 or so Windows and Red Hat
servers onto one box, put the data into a db and
allow centralized
viewing/filtering/sorting/analysis of the logs.
Ideal solution would include a means of
archiving/deleting data beyond a certain age, and
a web front end for viewing the consolidated logs
(or some other means to allow MS-only admins to
be able to access this data in a GUI, cause we
can't have them look at any TEXT, can we?). Sorry
if I sound bitter. :)

Any suggestions? I prefer to find an OSS
solution, but will fall back to commercial
software if that's the only viable option.

Thanks!

Scott

.

=====
--

To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
      -- Theodore Roosevelt, 1918

.