InstallFest menu - I need feedback

Author: George Gambill
Subject: InstallFest menu - I need feedback
> Subject: RE: InstallFest menu - I need feedback
> From: Bart Garst <>
> Date: 29 Sep 2003 12:27:53 -0700

... snip ...

> Do you mean start X by default?
>
>     What about:

>     WebMin

Yes, I like booting to the command line and needing to enter "startx" to
invoke the GUI. But, then, I tend to use it as a server thereby not needing
to log in.

> I don't see this on my RH8.0 disks. Is this shipped with
> other distros?
>
>     I can't image any newbie coming to the InstallFest wanting a DHCP
>     server
>     but, maybe some will take the form back to their office and say
>     "Look what
>     this thing (Linux) can do.

WebMin is a add-on found at http://www.webmin.com/ . It is a great help for
newbie's to configure such things as a firewall, Apache, DNS, file sharing
and so on. If the group deems this worthy, I will bring a set of cd for
each of the installers.