GIMP Presentation

Author: der.hans
Subject: GIMP Presentation
Am 28. Sep, 2003 schw=E4tzte Ted Gould so:

> - Should I update to GIMP 1.3.x - 2.0 should be coming out shortly - so
> most people will probably be using it then. It's alot better (I haven't
> use 1.2 for quite a while) but it probably isn't what most people have
> installed right now. It's also prettier - so you get better screenshots
> ;)

I'd say use what you think people will have, especially if it's better :).

Is 2.0 for m$ also gonna be avail?

> - I was thinking about adding a couple of sections, but it is a little
> bit long right now, with a non-trival learning curve for most people.
> Perhaps I should look at replacing some stuff? Here's what I was
> thinking about adding:
> =09- Adjusting Levels: Saving underexposed photos
> =09- Intro. to Layers: Making your photos more complex

I think layers is a killer app for people who don't know about them,
especially if you show them how to save the state of an image and create a
play space on top of it.

> =09- Perhaps some more commonly used filters? Solarize, Mosaic...

I like the practical thing you have now, but there are definitely some
really cool filters, so it would be good to intro more filters as well.

For the InstallFest the presentations will have about 50 minutes.

There's also demo time, though.

Maybe train a person or two at the beginning of the InstallFest to be demo
helpers, then you can describe the process while they drive. They get to
learn how to do it and you get to concentrate on the presentation of the
demo.

It'd be cool to alternate around with the GIMP, Sodi Podi, and Blender :).

If we do that we should co-ordinate several people for the different demos.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  HERE LIES LESTER MOORE