GIMP Presentation

Author: Bart Garst
Subject: GIMP Presentation
> Here are my few questions:
>
> - Should I update to GIMP 1.3.x - 2.0 should be coming out shortly - so

I would say: Update but make sure what you're showing can be done on the
older versions.

> - I was thinking about adding a couple of sections, but it is a little
> bit long right now, with a non-trival learning curve for most people.
> Perhaps I should look at replacing some stuff?  Here's what I was
> thinking about adding:
>     - Adjusting Levels: Saving underexposed photos

Is this an issue with digital cameras?

>     - Intro. to Layers: Making your photos more complex

Layers are very important, but if they know Photoshop they should already
know about layers. I'd say have it in-case the audience needs it, skip it if
they don't.

>     - Perhaps some more commonly used filters?  Solarize, Mosaic...

I personally don't use filters, maybe because I don't know how. This might
be a good addition.

This is already a good presentation. The tips on selections were most
helpful to me.

Bart