dual boot & database ?'s

Author: der.hans
Subject: dual boot & database ?'s
Am 25. Sep, 2003 schw=E4tzte betty i so:

> maybe instead of dual boot it would be easier to just have 2 hdd's...
> one with m$, one w/debian....

I feel this is always the easier path, hardware willing.

> otherwise if not , i could come with win98 installed. (or not, i'm still
> weighing why i even want to do that...)

Having it pre-installed with disk space for us to use would be fine.

> re; *open office* for database:    don't have *open office*, have  dial
> up so can't easily get it. i have *abiword*, will check there too.
> thought maybe someone may have had experience doing a mailmerge type
> program.
>  i do have *gnumeric*, so maybe i'll try that spreadsheet program.

We need to get you a copy of GNUwinII. That's Free Software compiled for
win32 and ready for install on m$ OSen.

It has Mozilla, OO.o, the GIMP and lots o other neat things.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  I chose to use the kernel sources as my documentation.  ;-)
#  -- Kevin Buettner