gnome database manager

Author: Ted Gould
Subject: gnome database manager
--=-jsuTAnM6O3t1xZnr2mwz

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 14:16, betty i wrote:
> what would be an EASY TO USE database manager in gnome?
> i just want to do my christmas card list onto envelopes.
> anything EASY i can try. (think ; like plug n pray)

Well, I think you have two questions here - let me try and grab both of
them...

GNOME has a really cool labels program, called GLabels.

Website:
http://snaught.com/glabels/
Review:
http://gnomedesktop.org/reviews.php?op=3Dshowcontent&id=3D2

I'm not sure if it will use a database of labels - but it will work with
all the Avery formats (and others) for printing everything from CD
labels to business cards. It's a really cool app.

As far as database management, you'd probably want to use GNOME-DB and
Mergeant. GNOME-DB is the database abstraction library, and Mergeant is
the interface. GNOME-DB recently hit 1.0, but I understand that
Mergeant is a little behind that - but is improving by leaps and bounds
now.

Website:
http://www.gnome-db.org

        Have fun,