aztech bailed

Author: Alexander Henry
Subject: aztech bailed
JD Austin wrote:

> Alexander Henry wrote:
>
> The problem is that it isnt an easy migration for the less tech savy,
> and there isnt always an equivalent native app in windows.
> People would rather take the easy path.
> For those of us that know linux it's a trival matter. For the suits
> that have fallen for all of the M$ fud it's a hard sell.
> I think it isnt as hard of a sell for the server market though.
>
> JD

I think that tech-savyness has everything to do with it, and FUD has
nothing to do with it.

An investor would never look into buying a tow truck company and expect
to sell it for ten times the purchase price in five years. Windows to
Linux migration and Linux contracting in general is like this. It's for
the grease monkeys to dive in, get the work done, and pocket the cash.
But investors don't touch it, it's just not worth it.

Actually, I liken contracting like this more like being a doctor. You
greatly improve people's lives, but the improvement doesn't translate
well into money, and no one can argue that anyone but the doctor is
making any real contribution.

--Alexander