InstallFest decisions as in Distros

Author: George Gambill
Subject: InstallFest decisions as in Distros
Comfort zones expand very slowly and with some level of pain. Most of the
world avoids this adventure like the plague (sp).

Speaking as a newbie (of the masses), I want the machine to:

1) Work (Linux)
2) Permit me to stay entrenched in newbie land
(GUI, KDE or GNOME) for a while.
3) Let me do my word processing (Open Office)
4) Let me do my spread sheet etc. (Open Office)
5) Let me do my email.
6) Let me browse the web.
7) Provide solutions not problems.
8) Provide solutions not problems (duplicated on purpose)

Speaking as one of the masses (which I hope not to be), if you hit me with a
bunch of option (choices), you have broken rules 7 and 8. And, I probably
won't want to play that game.

I am totally convinced that only the OCD's and Geeks (or want-a-be Geeks -
that's me) of the world value choices as much as Geeks do. They (the
masses) want solutions, not problems.

I am equally convinced that most of the world has no desire to be a Geek.
Their loss. This is one of the reasons MS continues to receive their
dollars. This is also one of the reasons the Geeks of the world continue to
get paid.

BTW, I consider being a Geek to be good.

My $.02 worth
YMMV

George