InstallFest at UAT

Author: der.hans
Subject: InstallFest at UAT
Am 09. Sep, 2003 schw=E4tzte Ren so:

> at the risk of sounding like an idiot....what's is InstallFest?

It's an event where people ( general public ) can bring in computers and we
help them install Free Software. Generally it's just installing GNU/Linux.
Some orgs also install the *BSDs ( we've done some of that ). It could also
be installing Free Software on non-free systems, such as getting Mozilla an=
OpenOffice.org working on m$ or mac boxen.

What we help with is dependent on the volunteers and what they want to
support. If we want to support the *BSDs and/or Free Software on non-free
OSen we need to decide that this week, so it can be in the press release.

I hope we can get the press release out Thu.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  "Life is pain, Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling somethin=
g."
#   -- Dread Pirate Roberts in The Princess Bride