PGP keys

Author: Derek Neighbors
Subject: PGP keys
Mike Starke said:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 01:41:20PM -0700, KevinO wrote:
> /_
> /_If you aren't set up with pgp/gpg you can read these messages but you
> can't /_tell whether they were really signed by the author or not.
> Someone could have /_forged the email and be pretending to be someone
> they are not. On some of the /_lists that I am on this happens
> everyday....
>
> Where and how is the best way/method of obtaining fellow plugger's keys?

I used to have to do this by hand
(http://webber.dewinter.com/gnupg_howto/english/GPGMiniHowto-3.html#ss3.3).
(yuck) However, one thing enigmail for Thunderbird does is allow me to
click on a key and it will go look at the public server and import the key
for me. Then everytime I get mail it checks my keyring to see if it mail
is from valid source. I just would now like to get some of them "signed"
so that I can actually "trust" PLUG accounts and then be in position to
send encrypted mail to people if need be. :)

This is what I want to do...

http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/gpg-party.html#ss1.1

It will answer a lot of questions. :)

Also if you are running Debian try apt-get isntall seahorse.

-Derek Neighbors