PGP keys

Author: KevinO
Subject: PGP keys
Bart Garst wrote:
> I'm assuming it's a security thing but I don't have any keys imported (?)
> and I can read messages that have PGP signatures. Why?

You can read them because the messages are signed, not encrypted. The keys can
be used for either or both purposes.

If you aren't set up with pgp/gpg you can read these messages but you can't
tell whether they were really signed by the author or not. Someone could have
forged the email and be pretending to be someone they are not. On some of the
lists that I am on this happens everyday....

- --
KevinO

"If truth is beauty, how come no one has their hair done in the library?"
- -- Lily Tomlin