permission denied after installation

Author: der.hans
Subject: permission denied after installation
Am 09. Sep, 2003 schw=E4tzte Steven Cain so:

> I just had to reinstall Mandrake on my machine and everything went fine
> until I rebooted. Permission was denied during the boot up process. Wha=

> can I do to get into the system? I do have UnitedLinux and Slackware
> bootable on my machine (both work fine) but I don't have either set up to
> use the other / partitions.

What's the exact error you're getting? Is it a problem with mounting a
partition?

Sounds like your initrd doesn't have the module you need for your root
partition.

I'm not sure how Mandrake handles that. debian and Red Hat have scripts
called mkinitrd.

It might also be controlled via /etc/modules.conf.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  Hope has two beautiful daughters: Anger and Courage. Anger at the way
#  things are, and Courage to struggle to create things as they should be.
#  -- St. Augustine