Cryptoapi/aes-cipher

Author: Kitty
Subject: Cryptoapi/aes-cipher
Ok, I had this working under RH8, but it broke when I migrated to RH9. I
was using the aes ciper to encrypt a loopback mounted file as a
filesystem. Now under RH9 I get a "Unsupported encryption type aes" when
I try and mount my files. The aes cipher module is loaded along with the
cryptoloop and cryptoapi modules, and aren't throwing off any errors.

When I got this going last time I remember beating my head against the
wall for a while until I got it working, but didn't make any notes about
the process. I remember something about having to install a version of a
tool that could handle the different ciphers. (I'm sure whatever if was
got nuked in the RH9 install) But I'm at a loss now.

Any help is appreciated.
--
Take care,
Kitty