a good hard-copy CVS reference

Author: David A. Sinck
Subject: a good hard-copy CVS reference

\_ SMTP quoth Lynn David Newton on 8/28/2003 07:45 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ Of those listed the most promising at first glance is
\_ "Open Source Development with CVS" by Moshe Bar and
\_ Karl Fogel. There is also, of course, an O'Reilly book,
\_ "Essential CVS" by Jennifer Vesperman, which seems to
\_ be new.
\_ [...]
\_ Any comments on either volume from those experienced in
\_ the use of CVS to do project development in a group
\_ environment would be greatly appreciated.

I have yet to see an ORA book that wasn't quite satisfactory. The
regulars on openprojects.net #perl assure me that there is at least
one turkey out there, but I look at the zoo on my desk and don't see
any turkeys. Birds, snakes, camels, others, yes. No turkeys yet.
:-) A peacock though.

If you've been using CVS, go hit up Borders and spend some time with
the nominated books and see what you think.

Be sneaky: write to the publishers and politely ask for review copies,
write reviews, and keep both volumes. :-) If you need a contact at
ORA for that, I have one.

David