a good hard-copy CVS reference

Author: Lynn David Newton
Subject: a good hard-copy CVS reference
Friends,

Amazon lists books on the subject of CVS. Yes, I know
the manual is excellent as far as spelling out the
basics of how CVS works, but it lacks information and
tips on applying it to a real world environment.

I'd like to acquire a CVS reference that addresses some
of the more practical issues.

Of those listed the most promising at first glance is
"Open Source Development with CVS" by Moshe Bar and
Karl Fogel. There is also, of course, an O'Reilly book,
"Essential CVS" by Jennifer Vesperman, which seems to
be new.

This is for application in my work environment. All
programmers telecommute, so CVS is a practical choice
for managing the software. We have been using it for
nearly a year, but our needs have grown, and I'm the
guy tasked with improving it. (I'm also the guy who set
up CVS and got everyone using it in the first place.)

We've been flying by the seat of our pants all this
time, depending on what we can grok quickly from the
manual. Where I work there is rarely enough time to do
anything completely right.

Any comments on either volume from those experienced in
the use of CVS to do project development in a group
environment would be greatly appreciated.

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ