apt-get dilema

Author: Bill Jonas
Subject: apt-get dilema
--25rOlkxR6a4U87uN

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 06:24:52PM +0200, =
enix.az.us wrote:
> The dilema is that when I try to get one pacckage it has a dependency; wh=

en I=20
> ttry to get that it has a dependency; when I try to get that it wants the=

=20
> first dependency. So what do I do about this??

That really shouldn't happen. You could try specifying them all at once
(ie, "apt-get install kcmlinuz kdelibs4 libarts1"), but that likely
won't fix the problem.

Are you still running Knoppix? Have you re-installed it? Have you
dist-upgraded to unstable? If any of these is yes, then try upgrading
to the latest unstable. If you *have* already done that, then run
"apt-get -f install". (See apt-get(8) for details.) Alternatively, try
doing that first.

If you're running unstable (or testing, for that matter, although it is
much less likely that this would happen with testing), it's likely that
there is temporary brokenness in the Debian archive as some new packages
trickle in. If that's the case, and you're running the latest and
greates versions of all the packages, try again in 24 to 48 hours after
more packages have had a chance to get into the archive.

--=20
Bill Jonas    *        *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step
into the Road,  and if you don't keep your feet,  there  is  no knowing
where you might be swept off to."  --  Bilbo Baggins

--25rOlkxR6a4U87uN

--25rOlkxR6a4U87uN--