OT Hard drive info

Author: Dennis Kibbe
Subject: OT Hard drive info
On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 10:57, Don Calfa wrote:
> I saw a site a while ago that had a pretty indepth information about
> hard drives history, how they work, and forensics. I'm looking for a
> site to show people to prove that any information deleted off a hard
> drive within the OS actually never leaves the hard drive and forensics
> experts can retreive data from it.
>
> Anyone know of any such information?

Why not show them? Would be a real eye opener recovering a file they
though was deleted!

You might try Directory Snoop from Briggs Software.
http://www.briggsoft.com/dsnoop.htm

"Directory Snoop is a low-level forensic utility that can recover erased
files in an emergency, wipe sensitive data, and search for hidden data
at the cluster level."

Dennis Kibbe