DLT and Debian

Author: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: DLT and Debian
I tried the dd command although I got a error message: "/dev/st0': Input/output error"

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/st0 count=1 bs=32768
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
dd: closing output file `/dev/st0': Input/output error

Is it possibly because the scsi id of the tape appears to be the same as the scsi card. Although there are multiple scsi cards on the machine so I am not sure if the tape drive is on the same card that has scsi id 6; although it appears to be.

Attached devices:
Host: scsi3 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
  Vendor: DELL     Model: 1x6 U2W SCSI BP  Rev: 5.35
  Type:   Processor                        ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi3 Channel: 01 Id: 06 Lun: 00
  Vendor: QUANTUM  Model: DLT7000          Rev: 2561
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi3 Channel: 02 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: MegaRAID Model: LD0 RAID5 34556R Rev: 1.01
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02

Jim