maricopa cty CIO gone

Author: Ted Gould
Subject: maricopa cty CIO gone
--=-KWt7qf16WNFYYIZ33WAj

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 14:12, der.hans wrote:
> Paul Allsing, who was also at the meeting, is the acting CIO as they prep=

are
> for a search.
>=20
> It would be good if we would organize a little to let the county know we =

are
> concerned that they bring in someone who will use Free Software. We also
> want them to use Open Standards so we can interact with the county.

You know, this whole thing is probably going to be decided by a
committee of folks. I don't know who is choosing that committee - but I
think that PLUG (or AZOTO) could reasonably ask for a non-voting seat on
that committee. I guess that would take knowing who is setting up the
search though...

Also, I don't think that I'm the best candidate, but if all the good
ones don't want to do it I'll volunteer :)

        --Ted

--=-KWt7qf16WNFYYIZ33WAj

--=-KWt7qf16WNFYYIZ33WAj--