USB Help

Author: Paul Dickson
Subject: USB Help
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:53:21 -0700, Voltage Spike wrote:

> However, Linux is quite the moving target. ;-) Rumor has it that the
> MSImport utility works as of kernel version 2.4.20. You almost
> certainly have the support built in, so the following should do the
> trick for you:
>
> mkdir /mnt/memstick
> mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/memstick

Eventually I'm going to take the time to grok devlabel, so I'll no longer
have to worry about where the usb-storage devices are placed.

I have a problem with my USB device because it has several devices within
it. The devices is a memory device to hard drive copier. I placed the
memory card in the device and the files can be copied to the device's
internal hard drive. Trouble is, the RH9 kernel does not enumerate SCSI
LUNs. So after recompiling the kernel, the CF card reader is /dev/sda,
and the hard drive is /dev/sdb (each have a FAT partition as the first
partition, so for mount I use /dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1).

I have a USB 2.0 High Speed hard drive too. It get's placed as /dev/sda
too, when I connect it for backups. This is why I want to used devlabel,
so I can automate these backups.

    -Paul