Zuarus amd SMC

Author: Robert Ambrose
Subject: Zuarus amd SMC

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Kevin Brown wrote:

> Cards should NOT require any kind of brute force to make them fit. If you are
> trying to force it in, then either it isn't aligning correctly or the card
> shouldn't go into that slot.

Yeah, I know. Although I used to have to really beat a QIC-02 controller
to get it into a Nova chassis 8-).

> A device/card/accessory/etc... can be listed as supported by Linux without it
> being supported by the company that made the thing. I can think of a number of
> devices that I have in systems here and at work that are supported by Linux, but
> not by the manufacturer under Linux.

Preaching to the converted here, The "we don't support Linux" mantra is
just a quick way for front line tech support to get rid of a caller, which
is why I don't call tech support except for RMAs.

(Sorry about any ranting, today has been one of those days I just want to
quit and go and start a earthworm farm (or anything far, far away from
computers (and users)))

rna