Arizona Technology Expo - LTSP Server - What to Bring

Author: George Gambill
Subject: Arizona Technology Expo - LTSP Server - What to Bring
Michael,

Here is what I am planning on bringing:

1) One each LTSP Server box (AMD 2000 XP based on Red Hat 8.0) and
associated cords.

2) One each Thin Client box (800 MHz P-2) with 32 meg of ram and associated
cords.

3) One each color monitor.

4) One each two station KVM switch for the LTSP server and Thin Client to
share.

5) One 4 port Ethernet switch. Two of the ports will be used by the LTSP
server and client.

6) Four Ethernet patch cords.

7) One each PCI Ethernet card for your machine.

Here is what I am NOT planning on bringing:

1) One each AMD 2200 XP box for playing. This puppy is not yet built and is
therefore a "bird in the bush". It looks like we don't really need this,
depending on what others are bringing. If we are planning on it, let me
know. I can raise it's priority.

2) One each 800 MHz P-2 with sacrificial (spare) hard drive for on-going
demonstrations of loading Linux. Michael, if your box has had Linux on it
previously, your box could serve this purpose.

George