Arizona Technology Expo ~ What we know- Update

Author: George Gambill
Subject: Arizona Technology Expo ~ What we know- Update
Michael

Re: 2- ... George ... Are you still bringing your Athlon?***

The AMD 2000 XP (LTSP server) can be there whether I can keep you company or
not. I am thinking only one thin client (a 500 MHz K6-2) will suffice due
to limited space.

The AMD 2200 XP dosen't exist yet but hopefully this week end. Good Lord
willing and the creek don't rise.

I also have an 800 (I think) Pentium (removable disk bay) which likes Red
Hat 8.0 very much. I can throw a sacrificial disk drive in it and we can
install RH8 as times as we like. Knowing that the installs will go well has
some value.

This is my Linux desktop (and Samba server) here at the office. CGC was
getting rid of that older slow useless stuff that doesn't do the new MS
operating systems well, and I caught this one. It actually performs well
with Linux. This alone makes a statement.

Question: Would there be any value in having one of those (show and tell) 3
ring binders (that stand up as a display) with color pages showing each step
of the Red Hat 8.0 install (as a standalone - the simple one)?

I can also bring a 4 port ethernet switch.

George