Arizona Technology Expo ~ What we know- Update

Author: George Gambill
Subject: Arizona Technology Expo ~ What we know- Update
Re: Chairs. How much do they want for the additional two chairs?

Re: (2-) I will be there all day on the 23rd. From around 2:30 on the 22nd.
I will
bring my computer if someone will configure everything to run on it...
Installing during the show might be a good thing to do.

Re: (2-) The monitor is 19" but is 7 years old (and looks older). Looking
old might be good. It shows that old hardware still has great value.

Re: (4-) The 22nd and 23 being available for me. I'll get an email off the
powers that be to see if the 22nd (half day) and 23rd are ok. I think it
will be.

Re: (4-) We have the possibility of having an Athlon XP 2000 (LTSP) with two
(thin) clients. Using only one thin client will take up less real-estate
(table space). Maybe we should only do one thin client. One should show
the principle very well. The server can hide under the table to be exposed
as needed.

Question, do we really want to show LTSP? Or, will we be demonstrating to a
market that isn't present?

Re: (4-) and an Athlon XP (2200). Still looking for a box w/ power supply
for this but it should be ready in time, if needed. It might be better off
using someone else's machine with lots of good stuff installed. The groups
call.

Re: (4-) and a warm body. The opportunity (we never have problems, only
opportunities) with warm bodies is that they take up as much space as
knowledgeable bodies. Might not be a good use of floor space. My EGO never
gets hurt. The purpose is to impress folks with Linux. I might be in the
way and/or counter productive.

Re: (4-) Is it possible to network the Athlons if they come? Yes. I can
bring a 4 port switch (or is it a hub???).

Re: (4-) Would someone happen to have a spare network card for me if I bring
my computer? Yes, I assume this is a desktop (not a lap top) and has a
spare PCI slot.

(complimenting the PLUG banner), Showing the benefits of something like
"Open Office" or maybe "LTSP". I can afford to fund such a banner. What
does the group think? What subject? What should be on such a banner? What
colors would go well with the PLUG banner? Is there a better place than
Office Max for banners?