Slackware

Author: Dennis Kibbe
Subject: Slackware
On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 21:52, Michael Havens wrote:
> I was loooking into other distributions as opposed to running what I am
> planning on (which is knoppix).
> I came upon a statement:
> "As Slackware more closely resembles commercial Unix system, it is a good
> tool for learning skills, such as system administration, which are easily
> transferable to other versions of Linux or Unix. A frequently seen signature
> on alt.os.linux.slackware states that 'When one learns a distribution such
> as Red Hat, one learns Red Hat. When one learns Slackware, one learns
> Linux.'"
> I was wondering how the distro I've choosen compares with this statement.
> :)~Mike~(:

Mike - I'm confused. I thought you were sticking with Mandrake? But now
you're talking about Knoppix and/or Slackware! Is this a game of Russian
roulette you're playing? I'd say pick a distro, get someone to help you
install it (hint: Stammtisch is Tuesday night) and stick with that
distro until you've gotten a ways up the learning curve.

Dennis Kibbe