Slackware

Author: Michael Havens
Subject: Slackware
I was loooking into other distributions as opposed to running what I am
planning on (which is knoppix).
I came upon a statement:
"As Slackware more closely resembles commercial Unix system, it is a good
tool for learning skills, such as system administration, which are easily
transferable to other versions of Linux or Unix. A frequently seen signature
on alt.os.linux.slackware states that 'When one learns a distribution such
as Red Hat, one learns Red Hat. When one learns Slackware, one learns
Linux.'"
I was wondering how the distro I've choosen compares with this statement.
:)~Mike~(: