USB A/V capture

Author: Don Calfa
Subject: USB A/V capture
I have a windows system that was used solely for video capture. It was
PCI based and gave me the capability to record to tape. (That's not
really important) Being that I have to buy a new capture device, I
would like it to work with Linux so I can wean off of Windows.

So far, only firewire seems to work for Linux that I can see and I have
no need for that. All my stuff is analog that I'm converting. I wish I
could find a USB solution so I can move the device around and test it out.