AZ Tech Expo

Author: Kyle Faber
Subject: AZ Tech Expo
On Friday 11 July 2003 12:12 am, der.hans wrote:
> Am 10. Jul, 2003 schw=E4tzte Michael Havens so:
> > It seems that we will be responsible for electricity/telephone unless
> > Kyle's company can help us out. Kyle, are you able or are we going to=

be
> > able to run an extension cord. I suppose for PLUG's purposes we will =

not
> > need
>
> Check with Rich. In the past it was a big no-no to use one connection f=

or
> two booths. Welcome to the fun of a union shop :).
>
> > internet service (phone jack). I will be able to be there for set-up
> > after
>
> We can probably hijack a wireless Net connection if it's OK with EMR,
> though :).

=09It would be great except EMR is not planning on purchasing a phone lin=
e. I=20
will be bringing a wireless card because I have a feeling a hotspot will=20
appear, but I am not planning on it. There is nothing tangible we can=20
demonstrate via the internet and we have a local cache we keep on a CD of=
our=20
website and different websites we have designed. Add to that the phone l=
ines=20
are usually more expensive than the booths (haven't checked this year) an=
d=20
generally are of poor quality, leading to disconnections which makes my=20
dialup service look bad. =20

=09As for power, I'll buy the 2nd step up on power for EMR, we are only p=
lanning=20
on having a laptop there on external power (running Red Hat of course). =20
Having worked conventions and shows in both Vegas and at the Phoenix Civi=
c=20
Plaza I can tell you that Phx is not half as bad as it could for "union=20
craziness".

--=20
Kyle Faber
Account Manager
EMR Internet

623-581-0842 voice
623-582-9499 fax

UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and=
=20
other countries.