I want to return to *nix.

Author: Michael Havens
Subject: I want to return to *nix.
Hello Jeremy,
Good to hear from you again. Well, the Government is going to pay for me to
go to school. I have decided that I want to be a a copy machine technician
so I am talking to Mesa Community College about some classes I need to take
to achieve said goal.

Well, concerning the last letter you sent to me.
- I'm almost certain that I'm going to put Knoppix onto my HD or stick with
Mandrake. I'll try to get the guy who set Mandrake up first to do it again
but this time I WILL write the steps he takes getting it to work down so I
can repeat his steps if I do something stupid again. Although if I can put
Cool Linux Live onto the HD the modem detection is a positive (I don't have
a WIN modem though).

I can't remember if I gave you [live netbsd] in March.)
-Nope. I got version 1.6.1 RC2

I was in town a couple weeks ago teaching FreeBSD -- I should
have called you.)
-It's ok that you didn't. I hadn't fully decided to return to Linux at that
time anyway. We could have gone out to eat though!

you mentioned some modem
-USRobotics V 92

pilot cradle (what is that?)
-Palm Pilot Cradle.... The guy who set mandrake up originally had it working
under jpilot (or one of those)

web cam is a logitech Quick Cam Pro 3000

scanner- it is the text scanner that is part of my MultiPASS C5500 printer

What about getting the joystick to work with Linux. There is this one game
that is simply to die for! It is a downloadable called Elite. I wouldn;t
think that getting a joy stick to work would be a simple task though. Am I
mistaken?