Kernel 2.4.21

Author: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Kernel 2.4.21
I did an "apt-get kernel-package" although as suggested in the article in the URL Below, in /usr/src there is no package for 2.4.20 so I am not sure where the kernel-package installed to when I did an apt-get kernel-package? Also if I currently use 2.4.16-bf2.4 and I want to get a kernel patch for writing UDF's but no kernel patches are listed there at www.kernel.org for 2.4.18-bf2.4 where can I get the patch from also if I just want to do a menuconfig to enable UDF writing do I need to download the 2.4.18bf2.4 kernel source? If I do a menuconfig will I loose any current settings or configurations or can I just go through and add one option like UDF writing without loosing anything?

http://www.linmagau.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=158

James