COX strikes again

Author: Craig White
Subject: COX strikes again
On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 21:14, Alan Dayley wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> >good thought but this was much ado about nothing...just a rant by
> >someone who didn't check his facts before posting
> >
> >Craig
> >
> Well, I will admit that I shouldn't have stated that ISPs are dropping
> email or email content. That was a blatent assumption on my part based
> on 3rd order or higher scuttle-but. Sorry.
>
> I do know, however, that many businesses do block emails or strip
> attachments of various "ususal" trojan or virus carrier files. My
> employer does. The companies of many people that I email to always
> strip .zip files. If I want to send them a .zip, I have to rename it or
> they will not get the attachment.
>
> If an ISP does it, that would be bad.

-----
wasn't your post I was referring to.

It makes sense for businesses to be proactive.

ISP's can be proactive but only if their customers understand the
difference and can choose to opt in/out - which is what I believe the
point that Hans was making.

Extreme Internet is running a radio campaign offering SpamAssassin as a
smart email (no spam) option. Seems fair enough 'cuz you can opt in or
not.

Thanks

Craig