COX strikes again

Author: Alan Dayley
Subject: COX strikes again
On Friday 04 July 2003 09:39, David Mandala wrote:
> That was my first thought too, but we verified that that is not the
> case, he got several 500k .zip file attachments during the time I was
> trying to send a 30k attachment. No there is something else going on but
> with COX being silly there is no way to figure it out. As soon as cash
> flow allows COX is toast, I've already dropped them for TV service all
> that was left was Internet and that is gone as soon as I can afford to
> switch.
>
> I'm in the process of setting up a tunnel to my machine on the Internet
> and using my own machine to relay. Then at least I can see what the
> traffic is doing.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Davidm

Some ISPs and businesses strip or drop emails with attachments known to
potentially carry viruses. This would be .vbs .pif .exe and .zip, amoung
others. I would suspect that somewhere along the way, someone's virus
software is dumping your email.

I would have thought it was his end until you pointed out that he has recieved
.zip files from other places. Puzzling...

Alan