Automatic FTP retry?

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
Subject: Automatic FTP retry?
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Kevin Brown wrote:
> use an ftp daemon that supports anti-hammering techniques. Basically ban the
> people for X minutes if they try to reconnect too fast.

I use lukemftpd (aka tnftpd aka "The NetBSD ftpd" which is available for
other operating systems like Linux). It can easily be configured for
transfer rate throttling (for get/RETR and put/STORE) and limit concurrent
connections by user (or class of users).

I don't think lukemftpd has a configuration to ban if connecting to often
(and probably not needed if transfer rate throttling and concurrent
connections limiting is used).

Jeremy C. Reed
http://bsd.reedmedia.net/