MS Access

Author: Bryce C
Subject: MS Access
--=-EOUiw2389fE7grwTJvdu

Sorry but I haven't found anything. Instead, I reccomend using a real
database like, MySQL (http://www.mysql.com). It's a true SQL database
with tons of features but still easy to use. You'd probably want
front-end stuff too so I reccomend you start learning PHP
(http://www.php.net). It's syntax is nearly indistinguishable from C++
but it's much easier to learn.
As for bridging the gap between, I think that you can export your Access
tables etc to CSV and then just write a quick PHP thing to import that
to a MySQL database, or just find someone who's already done it.
http://php.resourceindex.com has a large number of full scripts and
classes you can use.
Other reasons for choosing MySQL are that it's open source and it's
cross-platform. Even WinBLOWS, with the right ODBC driver can access and
use MySQL.
Where do I get off saying all this? Way long ago, I was trying to learn
Access, 97 in fact, and the part I had trouble with was the stupid VB
crap it used, it being a "good" M$ product but then I was introduced to
gnu/linux and consequently, Apache, PHP, MySQL, and now a whole plethora
of other things. Needless to say, I quickly abandoned the evil crap I
had been stuck using and started converting others to a more stable OS.
Unfortunately, linux desktop wasn't very big at the time, KDE1/2 blech,
and so only now have I had more success but, I digress.

MySQL and PHP are the way to go.

-Bryce