Stolen laptop

Author: Victor Odhner
Subject: Stolen laptop
Randy Melder wrote:
> http://www.maricopa.gov/
> ... you can plug in an address or name and find
> property owner info on any Maricopa county address.

Yes, I just finished three months maintaining
the Assessor's property-ownership database
using the Recorder's documents as input.

You can even get a map and an aerial view of
the house. But you have to be running IE to
browse the maps.

The Recorder's site is indexed by last name
and first name in that order, and not by
property address. The Assessor's site will
give you the titled owner's name but it takes
some tinkering around to use the street
address.

Of course you can also buy the entire current
ownership database on CD for a very reasonable
fee. ;-)

Note, the indexing on the Recorder's database
is not totally reliable -- I ran into some
recent deeds that were *not* indexed against
the buyers' or sellers' names, so you'd be
hard pressed to locate those documents
online if you didn't have the docket numbers.

Vic