NFS Samba gateway

Author: George Toft
Subject: NFS Samba gateway
sundar narayanasamy wrote:
> =

> Hello,
> =

> I am trying to implement NFS Samba solution at my office. Rather than l=

oading
> Samba on each and every Sun Solaris and loading NFS Client on Windoze2k=

, is
> there a good way to setup gateway with Linux box, which will map NFS to=

samba.
> =

> Sundar

Not exactly sure what you are asking, but maybe what I did will help. I
had a Linux file server with a /share directory. This directory was NFS
exported, as well as a samba share. All Window clients and Unix (Linux
& Solaris) clients could mount the same share.

Does that help?

George
-- =

Discover . . .         | Free Computer Security Information
        <=B7=B7=B7> Secure   | http://www.georgetoft.com/security
         Networking    | =

@http://georgetoft.com | Lock your box - keep your affairs private!