Installation Questions

Author: Charlie Bullen
New-Topics: Installation Questions - Report
Subject: Installation Questions
Hi Mark, I have a new computer that I put an old disk into that has win2=
K=20
loaded on it, Later today I plan on installing Mndrake 9.0 on it also. I'=
m=20
not real concerned that I keep Win2k, but I'll try my best to keep it so =
that=20
I can report on what I did and the results I get. This is thnk going to =
the=20
general PLUG list so hopefully it will be of general interest also.

By the way, I think we have met before. Several months ago you were tryi=
ng to=20
istall linux on an old low powered machne think.

Regards

Charlie

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 07:55 pm, Mark Phillips wrote:
> I need to build a dual boot system - Linux and Win 2000. The machine
> already has Win 2000 installed, and the original installation disks are
> MIA, so I cannot reinstall Win 2000 if I make a mistake. My questions:
>
> 1. Any suggestions on how to safeguard the Win2000 on this machine sinc=

e I
> cannot reinstall it if I break it?
> 2. Which distro would you recommend - RedHat 8.0 or Mandrake 9.0? Any v=

iews

,
> however, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced=

=2E