PC Anywhere

Author: Derek Neighbors
New-Topics: Wanted: Linux Sysadmin (Minus the "Sys"), Debian X config problems
Subject: PC Anywhere
>> On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 10:28:46AM -0700, Jim wrote:
>> /_Someone asked me if there was a Linux app that functions like PC
>> /_Anywhere. Anyone know of one?
>> Hmmmm, perhaps VNC?
> http://www.tightvnc.org

TightVNC is definitely the way to go. If you have GNU/Linux on the client
side and a Windows box on the server side. (sickening I know) I strongly
suggest you use rDesktop (http://www.rdesktop.org/). It is a GPL RDP
(Remote Desktop Protocol) client. The ONLY reason I say this is the
performance of VNC is hindered on windows, because they are limited in the
information they get, so they can't properly optimize. RDP is a Micro$oft
thing and so its extremely fine tuned performance wise.

I have used both quite a bit and think both are better than PCAnywhere or
Laplink and certainly are less expensive. ;)

-Derek