Broadband in Scottsdale?

Author: foodog
Subject: Broadband in Scottsdale?
Ray Van Dolson wrote:

> So where do you guys live that have Qwest VDSL? It sounds like more along
> the lines of what I'd like. I'm pretty much to the point where I am
> picking my apt. complex based on the quality of Internet connectivity I
> can get :)

It's a bit of a commute to Scottsdale from here, but Qwest VDSL is in
Glendale in the vicinity of 43rd Ave & Dunlap. I've had it for a couple
years now (ever since it became available) and have been very happy with
it. *
Steve

* Tiny nit: one of my original motivations for getting xDSL was to have
a decent ping time for Quake III. I don't know if the routing is weird,
or nobody in AZ runs a Quake server, but my best pings were from
Colorado or San Diego and not all that great. It's been awhile since I
tried so YMMV.