Signing attempt

Author: Voltage Spike
Subject: Signing attempt
On Thursday, September 26, 2002, at 10:35 AM, Shawn Rutledge wrote:

> 'Course, mutt has the opposite condition... handles these signed
> emails wonderfullly but I have to hit a few extra keys to view HTML.
> They ought to just display the output of w3m -dump perhaps, instead
> of requiring me to open the attachment in w3m explicitly.

I wish someone would help him out here. I use KMail and OS X Mail most
of the time, but back in the ASU days I used pine and mutt quite a bit.
I know that I am being lazy, but I never learned how to set up
handling for additional MIME types. I would have to assume that it is
possible since some MIME types were configured by default.

> Anyway nothing to get your panties in a knot about, just pick a better
> email client.

I think it has been extremely clear that people use Outlook Express
because they feel that it is the better email client (at least in terms
of interface). While it is a loss that those people and myself are not
able to communicate, the choice is ultimately up to them.

However, I would recommend the following (based on a Google, not
personal experience):
http://www.winpt.org/gpgoe.html

The installation instructions appear to be down, so the cache may be
found at:
http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache:yJT7nnmsNdYC:www.winpt.org/
gpgoedoc.html

Note that this will probably not be a popular option since it will not
validate/decrypt e-mail that is viewed in the preview pane (i.e. the
user must open the message with a double-click).

- --
                                                            Voltage Spike
       ,,,
      (. .)