Fry's $199 Linux box..

Author: Bob George
Subject: Fry's $199 Linux box..
Derek Neighbors wrote:
> [...]
> As for returns, I have yet to have Fry's, Best Buy, Office Max or
> CompUSA even bat an eye at me returning even high dollar merchandise.
> On the other hand, before merchandise on the net was easy to obtain
> (early 90's). I used to use a small shop in Northeast Valley called
> Paradise Computers (or somethign like that). They were good price and
> quality hardware. I stopped using small shops the day they sold me a
> bunk hard drive and refused to exchange it (SAME DAY). [...]

Paradise is right around the corner. I still drop buy and check pricing,
but they're nothing special and haven't been since when I bought an AMD
586 from 'em. And I had similar impressions of their customer service.
When they made me sign all sorts of disclaimers and spent more time
covering their asses than helping me, I decided to go for price alone.
Their crappy attitudes didn't help much either.

- Bob