Vaio Touchpad

Author: Logan Kennelly
Subject: Vaio Touchpad
On Friday 26 July 2002 10:06 am, Larry Lauer wrote:
> I wonder if it is just confused since I installed the os with a usb mouse
> plugged in and that is working fine. Well will need to play with it some
> more. Thanks.

Okay, now I know why it doesn't work. :-P Every (Linux) install I have ever
seen will only grab one mouse when configuring X. Without knowing very
much about your system, you can add the following lines to XF86Config-4 to
get both mice working:

// Add this section anywhere.
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse2"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "PS/2"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/psaux"
EndSection

// Add this line to the 'Section "ServerLayout"' portion.
    InputDevice    "Mouse2" "SendCoreEvents"

The former sets up the mouse driver, and the latter says to route all input
to the "Core" (i.e. your USB) mouse.

Note that I have never tried the situation where the core mouse does not
exist (your USB mouse is unplugged). If X cannot handle this situation,
then simply swap the "Identifier" portion of the "InputDevice" section.

Note that I have done my best to make this is confusing as possible. :-D

- --
                        Logan Kennelly
      ,,,
     (. .)