KDE or GNOME not both?

Author: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: KDE or GNOME not both?
I posted this question at the beginning of the preparation for the meeting
with the county so it may have gotten lost. (Or, no one knew the answer so I
will have to keep looking for it.)

I want to install both KDE and GNOME on my box so I can use either of them.
However, performance takes a significant hit when the the support libraries
for both load so GNOME apps will work in KDE, for example.

So, I want to have them both on my box but when I run KDE I don't want any of
the GNOME stuff to load and when I run GNOME I don't want any of the KDE stuff
to load. I have read quite a bit but have not seen the answer. Any thoughts?

Alan