Sequoia January Meeting

Author: der.hans
Subject: Sequoia January Meeting
Am 30. Dec, 2001 schwätzte Jim so:

> C'mon guys! Who is gonna do a presentation for PLUG?

The group :).

Brian and I were discussing this and we'd like to do something about
alternative distros.

There are the various floppy and firewall distros out there. Brian says
there's also a mandrake games edition. We also have things like familiar and
maybe even agenda, yopy and taurus ( but I don't think those really have a
distro in the form we generally consider a distro, though yopy wants to go
there ). There are also embedded things like hard hat Linux, embedix and
whatever Red Hat's embedded distro is. Not sure I'd call rtLinux a distro,
though it might have a distro with it.

If we do this, we need a few people to stand up and say they'll cover a
particular distro.

I'll cover familiar ( though sam can do a better job, so he might get
'recruited' :). Brian's volunteered to do the mandrake games distro as soon
as he reads this sentence :).

Maybe we can flush Deepak out of the woodwork to cover hard hat.

I know we have people familiar with a variety of the floppy and security
distros. Anyone want to volunteer to cover one or more?

Any other type of alternative distros I've failed to mention? Anything
except a vanilla desktop distro. Maybe the 'professional' distros from Red
Hat and SuSE.

ciao,

der.hans
--