SOLVED: Spurious programs running at KDE start

Author: William Lindley
Subject: SOLVED: Spurious programs running at KDE start
Awhile back there was a question about apps that mysteriously started with
KDE. I don't know how some programs got there, but in

.kde/share/config/ksmserverrc

there were a few lines like

restartCommand4=gmc,-session,blah blah blah

Commenting them out solved the problem.  I did a   ps axf    to draw the
"ASCII Forest" of all executing jobs and found then programs in question,
then changed into my ~/.kde directory and did a    grep -r -s prog_name *
to find which files were talking about those programs.

That ksmserverrc is a bit spooky, and I haven't seen it documented
anywhere.

At least they were text files instead of some Byzantine Registry!

\\/
http://www.wlindley.com