gtk-config error question?

Author: Mark Anderson
Subject: gtk-config error question?
Carl said that I left out the fact that I'm using mandrake linux :)

anyway,
I tried the command without the period but, no luck...same error
I tried creating the symbolic link for the gtk-config in the /usr/bin, but no luck....same error
I am running gtk version 1.2.10

actual error

"
checking for gtk-config... /etc/gtk
checking for GTK - version >1.2.0... ./configure: /etc/gtk: is a directory
./configure: /etc/gtk: is a directory
./configure: /etc/gtk: is a directory
./configure: /etc/gtk: is a directory
./configure: /etc/gtk: is a directory

***"Could not run GTK test program, checking why...
***The test program complied, but did not run. This usually means
***that the run-time linker is not finding GTK, or finding the wrong
***version of GTK. If it is not finding GTK, you'll need to set your
***LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
***to the installed location. Also, make sure you have run Idconfig if that
***is required on your system"

"
Anyone can feel free to call me as well :)
602.435.7508