Linux Partitions

Author: Terence Chang
Subject: Linux Partitions
Hi:

I finally got RedHat 7.2 downloaded (5 days through Quest DSL #$%#$) and
burned on the CDs. I have the following questions. I can not remember where
I read about the partition size of the disk. I am going to get a 60GB IDE
disk to install Linux only. What are recommanded partition size for /boot
(RedHat Doc says 50MB?), /usr, /var, /home and /export? The Linux I am going
to setup is mainly for running Oracle Database for practice. Should I give
/usr or /home the most space? What kind of arrangement of disk space should
I follow? And what exactly /usr, /var, /home and /export are for? On
Solaris, /home and /export are used for most of the users. How about the
Linux?

I also download all of the How-To and Mini-How-To PDF files. It is over 200
files. I was lost and didn't know which PDF will answer my questions.

Thanks!

TC2